SuperADMIN and SuperSERVER present a very small TCP/IP "surface area" that also makes effective layer three firewalling simple to achieve.
SuperADMIN by default listens on TCP/IP ports:
- 9000 (Configuration Server)
- 9001 (User Registration and Password Resets)
- 9230 (CORBA IIOP)
- 9231 (Java RMI-JRMP protocol - services)
- 9234 (Java RMI-JRMP protocol - registry)
SuperSERVER by default listens on TCP/IP port:
- 9232 (CORBA IIOP protocol)
This makes it easy to configure stateful firewall rules to control ingress and egress for the network segment in which SuperADMIN and SuperSERVER are installed.
The following diagram shows the SuperSTAR Port Usage: