The Summations Options control the numbers that are displayed in the table data area. Modifying the Summation Options will modify the numbers represented in the table.
There are two types of summation options:
- Measures - columns in a database table that can be summed. For example income, weight or expenditure (sum is the default summation option; other statistical functions can also be applied)
- Counts of records - the total number of records in a particular table. For example the count of customers who purchased a product on particular date.
If you do not specify a summation option then the your table will use the default that was set by the administrator when the database was created.
Add Summation Options to a Table as a Filter
You can add the summation options to your table as a filter by dragging them to the wafer axis:
Modify (Recode) the Summation Options
- In the Fields window, double-click the Summation Options.
The Define Recode window displays.
- Choose whether you want to create a new recode for the Summation Options or redefine the defaults:
- To create a new recode, change the Recode Name.
- To redefine the default Summation Options, leave the name unchanged.
- In the Field Values list, select the summation options you want to include in the recode and click >> Singly >> to move them to the Recode Values list.
- Change the settings for weighting and confidentiality. See Recode Reference - SuperCROSS for full details about the available options.
- Click OK to save your changes.