The SuperWEB2 Map View feature allows users to view geographical data overlaid onto a map.
This feature works in conjunction with an external mapping service (SuperWEB2 currently supports ArcGIS Server 10.0).
When a user accesses Map View, there are three separate components required to display the map:
- The SXV4 provides the statistical data (SuperWEB2 applies the colours to the shapes based on the data in the table).
- The mapping service contributes the layer data (the geographical shapes).
- An external mapping server provides the base map images (for example, the street map drawings or the aerial map imagery that is displayed by default in Map View).
In order to use the feature, you need to configure the link between the geographical fields in your SXV4s and the corresponding geographical shapes from the external mapping service.
In order to configure mapping in SuperWEB2 you will need:
- An understanding of geographical mapping products and the basic concepts.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Server.
- An ArcGIS Server 10.0 deployment for use with SuperWEB2.
Mapping Configuration Steps
- Mapping Configuration Tutorial - SuperWEB2 — This section describes the end to end process involved in setting up mapping.
- Caching Map Data - SuperWEB2 — This section describes how to configure local caching of mapping data.
- Configure Mapping Colours - SuperWEB2 — This section describes how to check and change the colour palette options available in Map View.
- Block Map View when Certain Fields Appear in the Table - SuperWEB2 — This section describes how to prevent users from accessing Map View if specific fields appear in the table.
- Configure Base Map Properties - SuperWEB2 — This section describes the basemaps.properties configuration file. You may need to update this when you are setting up mapping on your deployment.
- Mapping Property Reference - SuperWEB2 — This section describes all the available mapping properties.
- Example Mapping Configuration Properties - SuperWEB2 — This section contains an annotated example of the mapping configuration properties.
- Troubleshooting Mapping - SuperWEB2