When Job Queue Manager writes the table output result to the database, it compresses the data. By default, the compression level is set to level 5, which is a compromise between size and speed.
You can change this setting:
- Setting a value lower than 5 increases the file size considerably, but runs slightly faster.
- Setting a value higher than 5 reduces the file size slightly, but runs considerably slower.
- Valid values are 1 to 9 (inclusive).
Change the Compression Level
To change the compression level:
- Go to the Tomcat instance that is running Job Queue Manager and open <tomcat_home>\webapps\queuedjobservice\WEB-INF\config\common\service-config.xml in a text editor.
Locate the following line:
Change the value to your preferred level. For example:
- Save your changes.
- Restart the Tomcat server that is running Job Queue Manager.